Marlin 8 is a race-worthy mountain bike that won't break the bank. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork, tubeless ready wheels, and wide-range 1x drivetrain make this model the best choice for new riders who want a fast cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
It's right for you if...
You want a race-ready mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a lighter, higher quality suspension fork, wide-range 1x drivetrain, and tubeless ready wheels.
The tech you get
A light frame with internal cable routing, a smoother-feeling RockShox Judy Silver fork with a Solo Air spring and TurnKey hydraulic lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, tubeless ready Bontrager Kovee wheels, and a simple 1x12 drivetrain that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. The wide-range 11-50 cassette gives you all the gears you need for clawing up climbs and blazing down descents.
The final word
The tubeless ready wheels, RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it an awesome choice for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It's fully capable of taking on big trail adventures and XC races.
Why you'll love it
- This is one of our most popular bikes for good reason. You get all the value, plus all the versatility—it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- The RockShox fork's Solo Air spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- Setting your wheels up tubeless reduces the overall weight of your bike and the chances you'll get a flat
- The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don't
- Marlin models in XXS through S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount